By October 12, 2012 10 Comments Read More →

Freebie Friday: American Grown by Michelle Obama

Win a copy of the starred reviewed audiobook narrated by the First Lady, a refreshingly politics-free focus on healthy living.  American Grown’s short segments and vignettes voiced by a large cast make this a great selection to enjoy in short bites on the commute or for family listening in the car. You can get an insider’s look at Random House Audio’s recording session in the White House in my “Talking With Dan Zitt” interview in this Audiobooker post. Just leave a comment below and I’ll announce the winner on Friday, October 26. Stay tuned to grab another freebie every Friday!

And for those who can’t wait – here’s a download freebie from Audible with 4 quirky humorous short stories: The Family Portrait: Four Short Stories about Domestic Lifewritten and narrated by Jon Ronson, author of The Psychopath Test.

Comments

comments

Mary Burkey is a National Board Certified teacher-librarian in the Olentangy School District in Columbus, Ohio.

10 Comments on "Freebie Friday: American Grown by Michelle Obama"

1. chamberlain.shannon@spcollege.edu' Shannon Chamberlain says:

I have been meaning to read this book. Listening to the First lady read her own advice and stories would be amazing! We are lucky to live in a country where we have access to these ideas and the freedom to listen to other peoples thoughts being expressed with no consequences.

2. I’ve been interested in this one — had no idea it was on Audio!

3. I would LOVE to listen to this :)

4. yvonne.jefferson@pcplib.org' YvonneJ says:

So many books…so little time. I usually am able to listen to 2 audiobooks for every print book I read and because of audiobooks, my husband has almost given up on reading books entirely. I’d love to have the chance to listen to American Grown. I just downloaded The Family Portrait. Thank you!

5. I’ve enjoyed watching the First Lady’s speeches over the years so this must be a fantastic book. Also, it sounds like the supplemental voices really added to the richness of the book. The topic is so timely and important. Thanks!

6. sharpsusie@hotmail.com' Susie says:

Would love to win this how great that the First Lady took the time to narrate her own book, I guess it goes to show how this really is something that means alot to her! Thanks!

7. Sounds like a good one from one of my favorite First Ladies. :)

8. motormom102@yahoo.com' Dianne says:

I can’t wait to read this. Michelle Obama is my favorite First Lady.

9. shalom7x70@gmail.com' Dona says:

Michelle is such a lady! Would really enjoy listening to this.

10. jgiovannettone@wfsd.k12.ny.us' Jessica Giovannettone says:

This is definitely a text I’d like to read and listen to. Having a young daughter who is just beginning to eat solid food, makes me want to learn more about how to establish healthy eating habits.